On 24/11/2020 at OLYMPIC HOTEL a two days training course has been launched for the leaders of agricultural and livestock cooperatives operating in Gasabo District. The training was organised by Gasabo District in collaboration with HoReCo. The workshop also invited...
Welcome message by the Representative
Welcome to Horticulture in Reality Corporation(HoReCo).
”HoReCo is a business company of professionals in agriculture who were trained in Israel in matters of Horticulture development and value chain, Irrigation and Agriculture Mechanization as well as building capacity of youth in agriculture. HoReCo is now contributing to improve livelihood of Rwandan through transforming agriculture from subsistence to modern farming by introducing extension and innovations which integrate sustainable crop production and irrigation technology. HoReCo is one of the tough and fast-growing company in Rwanda. It is composed by more than 100 share- holders from various agricultural domains include Horticulture, Crop production, Agronomy, Agribusiness, Agriculture Mechanization, Soil and Water Resource Management, Irrigation and Drainage to list few. Currently HoReCo is running two agricultural projects: 1st Project of Operation, Maintenance and Management of Irrigation Infrastructure (OMMIS Project) in collaboration with MINAGRI and RAB. The 2nd project of Potato Seed Production Project (PSPP) that con- sists of producing Pre-Basic and Basic seeds in collaboration with Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA)”.
Emmanuel NDAYIZIGIYE, CEO of HoReCo
1 st Project: OMMIS Project intervention areas
OMMIS Project (Operation, Maintenance and Management of Irrigation Schemes) is implemented in almost all developed Irrigation Schemes located on 10,037 Ha with installed irrigation infrastructures in Rwanda. HoReCo has technical support activities that turnaround coaching on crop production and value chain management, irrigation techniques and mobilization for weekly community works to keep clean irrigation facilities in 18 districts of country, namely Gasabo, Kicukiro, Kamonyi, Ruhango, Nyanza, Huye, Gisagara, Nyamagabe, Nyaruguru, Nyamasheke, Rulindo, Gakenke, Musanze, Bugesera, Rwamagana, Nyagatare, Ngoma and Kirehe districts where seventy six agricultural cooperatives (76) and sixty four (64) Water User Organizations are daily coached by HoReCo technicians.
2nd Project: Potato Seed Production/PSPP
To contribute on improving livelihood of smallholder farming communities through ensuring quality and quantity of needed potato seeds by developing a sustainable private sector led potato seed system in Rwanda.
In period of two years (2019-2021), the project seeks to accomplish the followings:
– Producing EGS and basic clean potato seed
– Supporting other private potato seed multipliers to produce adequate quality and quantity of seeds affordable by smallholder farmers through field and crop inspection
– Supporting ten potato cooperatives to establish seed units and train them in improved tech- nologies and raise awareness of seed multipliers and companies on- seed inspection and cer-tification
– Partner with RAB to strengthen the commercialization of potato seeds in Rwanda
- The progress of Agriculture season A2021 in irrigation schemes under HoReCo management located in Nyamasheke District
- Assessment of agriculture season 2021A activities the irrigation schemes located in Gasabo and Kamonyi Districts
- Training of agricultural and livestock cooperatives in Gasabo District
- After getting enough rain, the crops grown during the 2021A season are in good condition
- Bugesera farmers are helped by HoReCo in partnership with AGRIBELICO to irrigate their land during drought season