HoReCo Staff visited some of the Irrigation schemes located in Southern Province
On 26th until 28th February 2020, the delegation of OMMIS Project headed by Mr. NDAYIZIGIYE Emmanuel Country Project Coordinator who is also the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of HoReCo visited some of the Irrigation schemes located in Southern Province Together with:
- Mr. NSHIMYIMANA Ernest (Senior Agronomist)
- Miss. MUGWANEZA Dinah (Human Resource)
- Miss. MUSHIMIYIMANA Naslah (Acting Administrative Liaison Officer)
The purpose of this field assessment was to meet with different Cooperatives, water users and HoReCo Technicians from different Irrigation schemes assigned to HoReCo namely Bishenyi scheme located at Kamonyi District, Kanyegenyege located at Ruhango District, Nyamigogo, Umwaro,Umusizi, Murori, Akagera, Rwamamba and Mukura located at Huye District in order to give them a remarks of what must be doing in the daily activities within their irrigation schemes aiming to increase the productivity in the respective schemes.
During that fieldwork, the Country Project Coordinator of OMMIS Project met with the District Project Coordinators, all Scheme Managers and District Team Leader in Southern Province
The main objective of this meeting was to remind the staffs working in Southern Province to be aware of their tasks and responsibilities, in order to be able to fulfill them for enhancing the increase of the productivity in their respective schemes.
Moreover, the one who attended the meeting had a time for opinions including; the use of natural manuals, having some professional farmers, the cooperatives should have goals…
In addition to Country Project Coordinator’s advice, he ensured some of their questions about transport facility, time off.
Conclusively, different things Country Project Coordinator of OMMIS Project told them includes;
- Use of planting calendar including time for planting, time for using manuals
- To remind them their responsibilities those local leaders as they have to quit the habit of escaping the District Leaders and they finish their work, as they have to make a good interaction with Farmers too.
- How they must have a system so that they can be aware of work done.
- Agronomist should have leadership skills and values to govern them through their working.