Know more about HoReCo Rwanda, mission, vision, goal…
Horticulture in Reality Corporation Ltd (HoReCo) is an agri-business company of professionals in agriculture who were trained in Israel in matters of Horticulture development and value chain, Irrigation technology and Agriculture Mechanization as well as building capacity of youth in agriculture. HoReCo is now contributing to improve livelihood of Rwandan through transforming agriculture from subsistence to modern farming by introducing extension and innovations which integrate sustainable crop production and irrigation technology.
HoReCo is among youth organization that started in the will of nation policies and strategies to engage youth in country development program through this government initiative, the idea of starting HoReCo was born on 10th june, 2016 by 10 dedicated young entrepreneurs who underwent into an eleven months practical training in israel and started as cooperative on the name of Horticulture in Reality Cooperative (HoReCo) which was upgraded and registered in Rwanda Development Board (RDB) as company on 25th July, 2019 on the name of Horticulture In Reality Corporation Ltd (HoReCo)
Currently HoReCo operates in Rwandan agriculture as an innovative and entrepreneurial organization offering extension services to farmers in different subsectors and, as well as linking them to potential markets.
OMMIS Project (Operation, maintenance and Management of Irrigation Schemes), PSPP (Potato Seed Production Project), and Barley Farming are the three main projects, which are currently implemented by HoReCo in collaboration with the Ministry of Agriculture and Animal Resources(MINAGRI) through Rwanda Agriculture and Animal Resources Development Board (RAB), Alliance for a Green revolution in Africa (AGRA) and BRALIRWA.
Objectives of HoReCo
The overall objective of HoReCo is to improve Rwanda’s food security by applying modern farming and innovations in research and technology to agriculture, resulting in real and tangible long-term income.
The specific objectives of HoReCo are reflected in the following areas of intervention;
- Growing various and trial crops within different corners of the country;
- Extension services deliverance on crop production and value chain traceability;
- Extension services deliverance on the operation, maintenance and management of irrigation schemes;
- Providing and facilitating different agricultural pieces of training;
- Supporting agricultural cooperatives for sustainable management;
- Promotion of savings and credits among farmers operating in irrigation schemes;
- Stimulate the farmers’ ownership of irrigation schemes for the operation and maintenance of infrastructures in a sustainable way;
- Production of improved seeds for different crops;
- Promoting export of high value crops and penetration of potential regional and international market;
- Supply cost-effective inputs (seeds, fertilizers, pesticides, etc.) and link farmers to the potential markets;
- Promotion of gender and conflicts resolution in the perspective of agricultural production;
- Postharvest activities;
- Mobilization of farmers’ cooperatives towards agricultural insurance scheme
Welcome to Horticulture in Reality Corporation(HoReCo).
”HoReCo is a business company of professionals in agriculture who were trained in Israel in matters of Horticulture development and value chain, Irrigation and Agriculture Mechanization as well as building capacity of youth in agriculture. HoReCo is now contributing to improve livelihood of Rwandan through transforming agriculture from subsistence to modern farming by introducing extension and innovations which integrate sustainable crop production and irrigation technology. HoReCo is one of the tough and fast-growing company in Rwanda. It is composed 93 share- holders from various agricultural domains include Horticulture, Crop production, Agronomy, Agri-business, Agriculture Mechanization, Soil and Water Resource Management, Irrigation and Drainage to list few. Currently HoReCo is running two agricultural projects: 1st Project of Operation, Maintenance and Management of Irrigation Infrastructure (OMMIS Project) in collaboration with MINAGRI and RAB. The 2nd project of Potato Seed Production Project (PSPP) that con- sists of producing Pre-Basic and Basic seeds in collaboration with Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA)